[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Reciting 2nd Sura in 3rd/4th Rakaat (Follow-up)

	The reply to the follow-up question below was kindly provided by
Mulla Asghar.

FOLLOW-UP QUESTION:

Aslam-o-Alikum

I have studied that by offering extra surahs intentionaly in the 3rd or
4rth rakaat the prayers become void, I would be grateful if you can apprise
me of a possible reason for this. As I beleive reading of surahs is a good
act and we can do so in the first and second rakaat so I was wondering why
does it makes the prayers void if we do so in the 3rd and 4rth rakaat.

Thankyou
Allah Hafiz

ANSWER:

As far as Namaz and other WAJIB acts of worship are concerned, we follow
the prescribed form.  True that it is SAWAB to read SURAHS of QURAN, but we
have been guided by Allah and His Prophet that in the third and fourth
Rakats of Namaz, we may either recite TASBIHAT ARBA'H or SURA-E-FATEHA.

The Second SURAH that we read in the first and Second Rakats is also
according to the directives given by Shariat.

Asgharali M.M. Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Recitation of Tasbeeh
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Reciting 2nd Sura in 3rd/4th Rakat