[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Qasr Prayers/Hayd/Ziyarat Tapes/Taqlid

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Shaykh Mustafa

Assalamu 'alaykum

Please excuse my many questions.  if it is possible for you to answer one
or two of them it would be much appreciated.

Please answer by the rulings of ayatollah khamene'i.

Thank you very much.

Q1.  Currently I am attending school beyond the distance necessary for qasr
prayers.  however, every day I return home before sunset.  if I pray zohr
and 'asr prayers in that city, should I shorten them?

Ayatullah Khamenei has a specific ruling in which he says students are NOT
classified in the category of people working. Thus, he maintains, a student
travelling will be treated like any other ordinary traveller.
Based on that ruling, Ayatullah Khameni stipulates you pray Qasr whilst at
the city of your study. For further information see 'Ajwibatul Istiftaa't'
by Ayatullah Khamenei - Page 196 Question 669

Q2.  If a woman is unsure whether she is in a state of hayd, should she
pray or not pray?  Is it permissible for a woman in this state of
uncertainity to enter masajid or the shrines of the Imams of the ahlul
bayt (as)?

In cases of doubts (whatever and wherever they occur) - the rule is to look
at the original state i.e. before the doubt occured. In your question, did
this doubt take place towards the end of a woman's hayd or before it
began?? In these two cases, the answer would be different because in
doubts, the rule is follow the original state. Thus if a woman is in her
menses towards the end and she doubts whether she has become clean or not -
she will treat herself as Najis and refrain from praying as well as
entering Masajid and Shrines of Ahlul Bayt (AS). Should this doubt be
before she started her periods, then she will treat herself as paak and
recite prayers and enter Masajid, etc..

Q3.  Is it permissible to listen to a cassette recording of the ziyaraat of
the ahlul bayt (as) and their followers without the intention of reading
ziyara, i.e. without performing the salaat required for that?

Reciting and Listening to Ziyarat of Ahlul Bayt (AS) has its own merit. You
could listen and get thawaab. The salaat after any ziyarat is Mustahab and
never Wajib.

Q4.  Is there anywhere on the world wide web where we can find the rulings
of Ayatollah Khamene'i in english?  If one is in taqlid to Ayatollah
Khamene'i but only has access to the rulings of Ayatollah Seestani (for
example, on http://www.al-islam.org) Is it permissible to look to them for
guidance without changing marja'-e-taqlid?

The answer will have to be obtained from him. I suggest you browse the
following site which belongs to his representative here in UK. Perhaps you
can get a prompt answer from him. The URL is  http://www.ic-el.org/index.htm
I could not find the rulings of Ayatullah Khamenei on there, but an e-mail
contact straight ot Shaykh Araki, his wakil, may get you answers to many
questions. They also have published the English version of Ayatullah
Khamenei's Questions & Answers a copy of which they can mail you.

With Salaams and Duas

Mustafa Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Qasr Prayers
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Qasr Salaa