[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Khums - Delay in it's use

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Shaykh
Mustafa Jaffer.

I have a question.  I gave sameh-e-Sadaat, to my Sayyid friend who was in need
of money.  This I did after talking to Maulana who I usually send my Khums to.
I gave my friend a check so that he would cash it.  However he never cashed
it, and last week he told me the particular need he had for which he accepted
my khums is no longer exists, and hence he does not the money.  As soon as I
heard this, I mailed the check to Maulana.  During all this time I knew he had
not drawn the money, although I kept reminding him, that this is a khums
money, and be careful with that.

Please let me know what should I have done in this situation.  Have I commited
any sin by not acting earlier?

Thanks

ANSWER:

You have not committed any sin. You have acted in the best possible manner
given the circumstances and knowledge you had. It was also nice of the
person to return your money because he no longer needed it. The delay in
sending to the deserving in your case is not a sin because you actually did
give it to one needy. However, he returned it back to you and then also you
acted immediately.

May the Almighty grant you the strength and courage to keep up with
rendering your obligations in the zeal you have shown - Amen

With Salaams and Duas

Mustafa Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Khums
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Khums - Money received from parent