[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Ka'ba (It's extent)

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali
Takim.

Regards

Abbas Jaffer

Salam,

A small area ouside kaba is included in tawaf... Please tell me why..
Some say it was a part inside Kaba.  Is it true?
And also some say that the original shape of Kaba was a rectangle not a
square.  Is it true?

Please enlight us about this area just outside Kaba which is included
in tawaf.

ANSWER:

Salaamun 'alaykum,

Tawaf is to be performed around the Ka'ba, the stipulated boundary within
which one can circumambulate is a distance between the Ka'aba and Maqame
Ibrahim. One can only go beyond this boundary if, due to the sheer volume
of people, one cannot perform the tawaf within the boundary.

I have not seen any reports to suggest that the cubical Ka'ba used to be a
rectangle.

With salaams and du'as

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Justice of God
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Kafan with Duas Written on it