[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Muslims' Country of Residence

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali

Abbas Jaffer
Moderator, 'Aalim Network

Salam Alaykom:

I have a specific question regarding the place a moslem should select
for living in.  More specifically regarding Islamic countries.  I am an
Iranian citizen residing in the USA as a permanent resident.  During the
past few years I have moved to Iran to live among other moslems and to
have my children grow up in an islamic environment.  Having lived there
for sometime, I have found that social values have deviated from what I
expected from an islamic society. Specially recent events since the
election of the new president which showed the leaders of the society
are more concerned about their personal gains and getting more power
than being concerned with the well being of the people.  Moreover, In
that country my profession as a physical therapist is not recognized and
I am not allowed to work as a clinition. Therfore, I cannot make a
living and cannot be beneficial to the islamic society in there.  In the
States, however, I can easily work and provide a comfortable life for my
family.  My children are grown up enough to make good judjment about
good and bad and I am not as concerned about this issue as I was before.
My question to you is: considering all the situations, do I have to live
in Iran or I can go back and live in the states and be more beneficial
to islamic society by using my profession and also helping the needy

Second, I need the E-mail address for Ayatollah Systanee or Ayatolla
Khoii's office.
I would appreciate it if you could kindly reply to my question at your
earliest convenience since I have to move else where soon.
Thank you for your considerations.

Salaamun 'alaykum,

You can live in the States as long as there are no impediments to you
practising Islam there.

As far as the societal/ethical values are concerned, as you are probably
aware, they are worse in USA than in the Islamic Republic.

To the best of my knowledge, Ayatullah Seestani does not have a direct
email address. However, you contact his agents or you can write directly to
him in Najaf.

With salaams and du'as

L. Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Muslims on Celebrating XMas
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Mustahab Dhikr in Qira`at (Follow-up)