[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Inappropriate Behaviour in the Mosque

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali

Abbas Jaffer
Moderator, 'Aalim Network

Salam Alaikum,

We have a Mosque and Imam bargha and there are 4 people who constantly
create trouble in the Mosque by indecent words and actions. They have
constantly insulted our Alim in public and have used bad language more than
once. They create a bad influence on our young generation and because of
them there is always tension in our religious institute. Please advise if
we can ask these people to stop coming to our Imam bargha since they have
constantly insulted the Alim or Moulana openly in public and when they do
that the other people cannot tolerate this and then they start defending
the Alim or Maulana (religious scholars)  and which creates havoc in the
masjid. Please advise according to the Quranic Ayat how these people should
be dealt with, Can we ask these people to stop coming to the masjid as they
have started getting followers now?

Thank you for all your help. May Allah reward you for your great service.

Salaamun 'alaykum,

Since I do not have all the facts at hand, it is difficult to judge. For
example, we do not know why are they proving troublesome, what is it that
they want?

The Qur'an states that believers are brothers and we must bring them
together whenever differences arise. I would suggest, following the
Qur'anic injunction, that you appoint a neutral arbitrator to look into
their grievances. The brothers must be prepared to submit to the
arbitration committee's findings and suggestions. We need to hold fast to
the cord of Allah and not to create differences between us.

May Allah grant you success in reconciling differences

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] In-Vitro Fertilization
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Infallibility