[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Raja'ah References

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali
Takim.

Regards

Abbas Jaffer

Assalaamu'alaykum,
Could you give me some references from Holy Quran and Hadiths from
Rasulullah SAW and the Holy Imams (peace be upon them) on Raja'ah
Thank you for your help.

Salaamun 'alaykum,

Raj'a refers to the belief that before the day of qiyama, when the twelfth
Imam (AS) reappears, Allah (SWT) will  cause a number good and evil people
to arise. Those who have done very good will triumph of the evildoers. >
Shi'a theologians have inferred ra'ja from Qur'anic verses like 2:55-56 and
45:26

See also 2:243 on raj'a.

The doctrine of raj'a is also elaborated on by Shi'i scholars like
al-Mufid in his Awa'il al-Maqalat. Moreover, there are many ahadith on
this from the Imams. Many of these have been reported by
Jabir b. Yazid al-Ju'fi, a companion of the fifth and sixth Imams.

Wassalam,

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Raja'ah
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Rasool (Messengers), Number of