[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Mut'a - Responsibility for Child

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali
Takim.

Regards

Abbas Jaffer

assalamu alaikum

I had a question regarding Muta'a. I was wondering if you could explain
to me about a man who enters a temperory marriage and a child is
conceived as a result of that marriage. I am confused as to why a man is
not responsible for that child and his expenditure as it's indicated in
Ayatullah Sistani's risalah. Is that man considered the father of that
child and what responsibilities does he bear towards that child if any.
Thank you in advance for your time. Jazak Allah khair.
wassalam

Salaamun 'alaykum,

Even in a temporary marriage, a man is responsible for the upkeep of the
children resulting from that marriage. He has to provide provisions that he
would provide for a child under a permanent marriage

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Mut'a - Payment of Mahr
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Mut'a - Rules & regulations