[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Beard (It's Extent)

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali
Takim.

Regards

Abbas Jaffer

I am 19 yrs old .i am of taqlid of Ayatullah Ali al-Seestani.
I used to have a full beard and i shaved,  now i have just
beard on the chin.(by chin I mean the beard covers the chin
completely and towards the moustache).  My dad doesn't mind me having a
full beard but my mother dosen't agree to it.

My question: is it okay to shave from a full beard to just some beard on the
Chin.keeping in mind that the mother's acceptance is important in islam also.
Thank you

Salaamun 'alaykum,

The growth of the beard that you described (covering the chin) is sufficient.
Having the full beard is not wajib.

Also, please note that on Shar'i  issues, one has to fulfill what is
incumbent even if the parents object to it.

With salaams,

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Beard
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Bearing Witness to the Wilayat of Imam Ali (AS) in