[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Changing Marja'

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali
Takim.

Regards

Abbas Jaffer

With the Grace of Almightly Allah and by blessings of His last
Deputy Hazrat  Imam Mehdi (a.t.f.s.) Assalamualikum wrwb

Please tell me what are the (if any) conditions for switching marjas if the
previous marja is still alive?  That is, if I am considering to change over
into taqleed of another marja what precautions must I take?

Salaamun 'alaykum,

You can only change taqlid from one living Mujtahid to another one if,
after research, you are satisfied that the second Mujtahid is the most
learned one (a'lam).

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Cats as Pets
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Changing Taqlid