[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Alcohol at Company Dinner

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali

Abbas Jaffer
Moderator, 'Aalim Network

I have a question.  The president of the company I work for is inviting all
the team members of the project which I am working on for an evening with

I am worried that these americans will drink wine during the dinner.
Although I heard the president of the company is a morman and does
not drink.

The person I talked to inform me it will be difficult for others to drink wine
when the president does not drink.

So I am not sure if wine will be served on the table, although it is more
than likely.  I always have avoided going to these dinner invitations.
this is a good chance to meet with the president and kind of introduce
myself to him, but I have no intention of doing it if I make the Supreme Being
unhappy.  Please let me know if it is okay to go there or not.  Please give
answer according to Agha khoe's fatwa.

Salaamun 'alaykum,

According to Ayatullah Seestani, eating and drinking at places where
alcohol is served is haram. So if you know that alcohol will be served then
please avoid attending.

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Alcohol - Received as a gift
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Alcohol in Dental Products