[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Burial site of Imam Ali(as) and Prophet Noah (as)

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr.
Takim.

Salaam alaikum,

Are Imam Ali (as) and Prophet Noah (as) buried next to each other?

ANSWER:

Salaamun 'alaykum,

According to many traditions, they are buried next to each other. Therefore
in one of the Ziyarat to the Commander of the Faithful in Najaf, we also address Prophet Noah.

Liyakatali Takim

MODERATOR'S NOTE:
	The following excerpts and translation from the above ziyara were
kindly provided by Br. Shaun Astarabadi.

"Ziyarat Ameenullah":

The Ziyara goes: "... Assalamu 'alaika wa 'ala dhajee'aika Adam wa Noah;
wa 'ala jaraika Houdun wa Salih ..."
(Salams to you -Ali- and to the two laying next to you: Adam and Noah;
and to your neighbors prophets Houd and Salih) -as-.

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Breaking Voluntary (Sunnat) Fasts
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Burial/Guidelines