[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Miscarriage - Burial of fetus

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr.
Takim.

As-salam u aleikum,

I'm working in an Islamic cemetery foundation in Switzerland. We have some
troubles with the authorities, who does not accept our way of burial etc.
Recently, we have been asked for help from a sister who had a misscariage
at about 6 month of pregnancy. She explained to us that she would like to
burry her childrens (twins), and that the authorities refuses because at 6
month of pregnency, her childrens are just considered as foetus and not as
human.

Now, her childrens are preserved in formol at the hospital and they want
to burn them. What is the islamic procedure, in this case ? Is it burial in
all case ? Or when is the foetus considered a human ?
Please we need a very quick answer because the time they preserve the
foetus is very short.

N.B. I'm a follower of Seyyed Sistani (may he live long)

With salams and du'a.

ANSWER:

Salaamun 'alaykum,

The fetus should be [given ghusl], wrapped in a piece of cloth and buried.
It should not be burnt.

Liyakatali Takim

(

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Messiah, Ritual Sacrifice
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Miscarriage-Burial of fetus (Follow-up)