[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Salaatul Jumu'ah (Friday Prayers)-Niyyat for

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr.
Takim.

Salaams

I have read this fatwa but could not find it in Tahzibul Masail, so is it
true:

"If friday prayers of even Sunnis or other sects is held within the radius
of 3 miles and 720 yrds and begins  before the Friday prayers of Shias,
then those Shia who are Muaqqlid of Agha Khui cannot do niyyat of Wajib
but should do one of Qurbatan ilallah."

Is this true? Does this mean we have to pray Zohr with wajib Niyyat?
What does Agha Seestani rule on this?

ANSWER:

Salaamun 'alaykum,

I have not come across any fatwa which states that we cannot recite Jum'a
with niyya of wujub under the circumstances mentioned by you.

Thus, under the circumstances mentioned, you will recite the Jum'a prayers
as usual, then you do not have have to recite dhuhr.

With Salaams and du'a

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Salaatul Jum`ah (Friday Prayer)
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Salaatul Jumu`ah for Women