[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Mut'a - Payment of Mahr

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr.
Takim.

Salaam Alaikum

I made long distance mut'a aqd with a man in order to become mahram with
him so that we can talk and discuss possibility of marriage.  In that
aqd we agreed that I was allowed to break the mut'a at any time I
wished.  We agreed upon Mahr.  Later on I broke the mut'a agreement, but
I still have not been given my Mahr.  Is this Mahr legally mine even
though there was no sexual contact and I ended the aqd early?

ANSWER:

Salaamun 'alaykum,

Since the marriage was not consummated, you are entitled to half the mahr.

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Mut'a (Temporary Marriage) in the View of
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Mut'a - Responsibility for Child