[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Gelatine

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr.
Takim.

Salamun aleikum..

I follow in my taqlid Sayyid Ali Khamenei. And I would like to know
what is the judge of gelatin, is it haram , halal, or shubuha ? and if
it is shubuha, if we got as a gift some food with gelatin, is it
better to eat it or to throw it away??

Afeedouna jazakum allah khayran

Salaamun 'alaykum,

Since gelatin is normally taken from the bones of a cow, it can be consumed
even if the animal has not been slaughtered in an Islamic manner. This is
because the bone is a part of the body in which there is no life.

Ref.  Contemporary Legal Rulings, Q 90.

With salaams and du'as

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Gelatin - Is it Tahir?
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Gelatine/Beef Fat