[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Muta'a without Mahr

Assalamu 'alaykum

The following question was answered by Mulla Asgher

Salaams & Duas
Ummulbanin Merali - Moderator - 'Aalim Network

Our Mut'a was recited by Maulana, in the presence of the male and the
girl's father.  There was no agreed mahr, so, Maulana told the man to
decide it with girl later, which he then did.  The mut'a recitation
stipulates an amount of mahr; my question is was our mut'a in order.
The contract has know completed, and if it wasn't in order have we
committed a sin, as we left in in the hands of someone  more educated
then us.

ANSWER:

Muta' without fixing Mahr is VOID and BATIL.  However, you say that it was
later fixed - if it was fixed before consummation of marriage, then it is
alright, otherwise that MUTA (without fixed Mahr) was void.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Muta'a - Contract
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Muta'h - Cultural stigmas