[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Toddler's Urine

Assalamu 'alaykum

The following question was answered by Mulla Asgher.

Salaams & Duas
Ummulbanin Merali - Moderator- 'Aalim Network

I have a two year old toddler and she is still not completely trained
regarding urination. There is wall-to-wall fitted carpeting and at times
she urinates on the carpet. My elders told me that if I pour water just
enough to cover the spot and do this 3 times and then scrub the spot with a
rag, it will be clean and the place does not remain najis. Unfortunately
the carpet can not be removed and washed everytime.

Secondly, I have also been told by them that if she has wetted in the
clothes and she can not be washed and bathed for any reason, then just
change the clothes and dry her. Once the baby is dry, then she is not najis
anymore.

ANSWER:

First, Najasat has got to be removed.
After having poured water everytime, place a sponge to absorb all the
water.  Do this three times, and the carpet will be Pak.

If a child has walked in its clothes, she will not become Pak upon drying.
For handling the child before it is washed, you may clothe her in the dry
clothes, but ultimately, it has got to be washed for Taharat.

With Salaams,

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Titles of Islamic Scholars
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Toothpaste with glycerine