[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Mut'a with Ahlul Kitab

Assalamu 'alaykum
The following question was answered by Mulla Asgher.

Salaams & Duas
Ummulbanin Merali - Moderator - 'Aalim Network

I have a question regarding Mutah with a non Muslim woman.  While I know that
Mutah with women who are Ahlul Kitab is halal I am wondering just who Ahlul
Kitab are.  In particular I want to know if Mutah is halal with a woman who
believes that Prophet Jesus (AS) is God or the son of God.  Also the Catholics
pray to statues of Jesus and Mary, are they not then practicing shirk.
Wouldn't his make them haram for mutah?  What about a Christian or Jewish
woman whom we know engages in fornication.

ANSWER:

Ahlul Kitab are the people of the heavenly books, i.e. Torah and Ingeel.
Christians at the time of the Prophet also believed in Trinity.  Yet they
are classified as the people of the Book.

Mutah with a woman who engages in formication should be avoided.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Mut'a with a Prostitute
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Mut'a; Iddah