[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Clothes for Salaat-Permission

Assalamu 'alaykum
The following question was answered by Mulla Asgher.

Salaams & Duas
Ummulbanin Merali - Moderator - 'Aalim Network
***

QUESTION:

I understand that the clothes we wear for prayers must be mubah i.e we must
own the clothes.
The problem is that I live with my family and I have been in the habit of
wearing my brother's clothes (without his express permission). He has never
oppose it nevertheless. I used to wear the clothes in my Salat. Were my
Salat valid? If not, do I have to qadha the Salat.

ANSWER:

In cases such as the one described by you, your Salaa is not baatil. They
are valid.
Permission is of two types. It can be explicit, and it can be implicit, in
a sense that one is sure that the owner will not object. In each case, the
permission is understood as granted.

Asgherali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Clothes and Wudhu in Janaabat
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Clothing with the name of Allah or the Ma'sumeen