[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Marriage - Parents approval for

Assalamu 'alaykum
The following question was answered by Mulla Asgher.

Salaams & Duas
Ummulbanin Merali - Moderator - 'Aalim Network
***

QUESTION:

As a Muslim sister I would like to ask why are you allowed to get married
without your parents permission to an Islamic Shia male knowing that it
would hurt your parents if you married this man and in Islam a person who
hurts there parents we never see heaven. Please could you explain in detail
what should be done.

ANSWER:

If a girl who has reached the age of bulugh and is a virgin and mature
(i.e. she can decide what is in her interest) wishes to marry, she should
obtain permission from her father or her paternal grandfather.

If she is not a virgin, or even if she is a virgin but her father and
paternal grandfather refuse to grant permission to her for marrying a man
who is compatible to her in the eyes of Sharia', it will not be necessary
to seek their permission.

Asgherali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Marriage
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Marriage between non-Muslims