[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Food in Restaurants

Assalamu 'alaykum

The following question was answered by Mulla Asgher.

Salaams & Duas
Ummulbanin Merali - Moderator - 'Aalim Network
***

QUESTION:

I am starting a job next week and the only place to eat lunch is at the fast
food joints nearby my office.  Some of these places include McDonalds and
Subway.  If I restrict myself to vegetarian items, can I eat lunch at these
places?
I do not know the religion of those people preparing the food at
these fast food joints.  Can I assume that the are Ahl-e-Kitab since they
are the majority in this country?
Please let me know soon since there are hardly any alternatives to eating at
a fast food joint.

ANSWER:

If no meat is involved and no other najis additives are in use, you can
have vegetable items (etc..) from these joints.

Asgherali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Food in Restaurants
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Food Ingredients-Levels of Doubt/Certainty