[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Living near a mosque

Assalamu 'alaykum

The following question was answered by Mulla Asgher.

Salaams & Duas
Ummulbanin Merali - Moderator - 'Aalim Network
***

QUESTION:

I am planning to shift to a house very near a mosque. Does it become
obligatory to pray there? all salaat? with congregation if I am at home ?
Taqleed of Ayat Seestani

ANSWER:

Our Prophet (S.A.W.) and Aimma (A.S.) have emphasised on Salatul Jamaat
(i.e. congregational prayers) for all. But for those within a mosque's
neighbourhood, it has been strongly recommended that:
i) They should pray at the mosque always
ii) They should join Salatul Jamaat if it is established.

Asgherali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Living in joint Families
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Living on Campus and Fasting