[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Blood Fertilizer

Assalamu 'alaykum
The following question was answered by Shaykh Mustafa Jaffer

Salaams & Duas
Ummulbanin Merali - Moderator - 'Aalim Network

Is there a problem eating vegetables grown without chemical fertilizer
(Biological label). It means that generally the chemicals are replaced by a
dryed blood coumpound which is used as a fertilizer. The powdered blood is
sprinkled on the floor some month before the crop and is made of animal
blood (of course not slaughtered islamically and of course may contain pig
blood also).
Please can you give me the rulings about this matter ?

I am a follower of Seyyed Sistani (may he live long).

ANSWER:

There is no harm in eating vegetables or fruits grown in the method you
described. Fertilizers have generally been known to contain animal refuse,
but the process of fertilizing does not necessarily transfer the najasat.

With Salaams and Duas

Mustafa

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Blessing the Prophet (saw) and his pure family (as)
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Books on Ahlul Bayt(as)