[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Smoking & Talking to Boys

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by
Shaykh Mustafa Jaffer

Please could you tell me is it haram to talk to boys as friends? and if
so why is this.

I am assuming you are a girl and that the question is about talking to boys
who are non-mahram to you. It is haraam to talk loosely and freely and take
them as friends. It gives way to formation of complicated and illicit
relationships. The only permission granted is to talk (provided your attire
is Islamic) to members of the opposite sex (in your case, boys) only that
much which is deemed necessary. Any extra talk that could be termed
unnecessary may fall in the category of sin.

Is it haraam to smoke? If not why is this so?  I was asked by a friend
why is it not haram to smoke cigarettes and it is haram to smoke drugs?

If it is established that there is substantial harm to the smoker, it is
haraam, irrespective of whether he or she is a beginner or already addicted
to smoking.

There is no comparison with drugs as drugs fall into a different
category - intoxicants whereas tobacco falls under the category of stimulants and not intoxicants.

With Salaams and Duas

Mustafa Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Smoking
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Smoking Imam