[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Reincarnation

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Shaykh
Mustafa Jaffer.

Salaam Alaikum

I have a question that perplexes me. I have received replies from a
source which was not convincing enough. As a Shia Muslim I have learnt to
accept many answers but the intelligence questions the validity of many
statements. When there is a discussion between Shias & other Muslims or
people from different religions the arguments & references must be
convincing.

QUESTION 1:
Islam has no Reincarnation. I have been reading articles about
people who accurately describe a previous birth.  Please send me details or
web references of answers on re-birth. If every soul is raised on The Day Of
Judgement for questioning what is the body form it takes in case the soul
has been in multiple rebirths.

ANSWER
You are right in the first part of your question: Reincarnation has
no place in Islam. However you end the question by asking something
contradicting yourself.  There is no question of 'Multiple Rebirths'.  Islam
does not believe in Reincarnation.

			------------------------
QUESTION 2:
A friend of mine lost his 16 yr. old son.  He is in communication
with the boy.  Is this permissible in Islam? What is the scientific
explanation with respect to Islam

ANSWER:
The scientific explanation you can find probably from the medium
your friend is using to talk to the dead.

We have in Islamic History incidents recorded where people did talk
to the dead. A good example is that of Salman Al Farsi talking to a dead
person before his death.

There are also many incidents where scholars of high integrity have
communicated with the dead through dreams.

With Salaams and Duas

Mustafa

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Recycling - Further question
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Reincarnation