[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Blessing the Prophet (saw) and his pure family (as)

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Shaykh Mustafa
Jaffer

Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

I would like to ask:
What is the difference between :
  1)"Allahumma salli ala Muhammad wa aalihi"  and
  2) "Allahumma salli ala Muhammad wa ala aalihi"?

I heard that the 1st is the Riwaya of shia and the 2nd is the riwaya
of Sunna, is this true ?

And I've been doing my prayers with the 2nd, and I've been told that
all my prayers might be batil, because what I should say in the
tashahhud is the 1st. Could this be true ??

I follow in my taqleed Syyid Ali Khamenei.

ANSWER:

Both are Swalawaat on the Holy Prophet (S) and his Progeny (AS) - the
extra Alaa makes no difference whatsoever to the salawaat. Your prayers
are Sahih..

With Salaams and Duas

Mustafa Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Bleeding in Namaz
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Blood Fertilizer