[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Disposing of Documents with Quran Verses and Mosomeen Names

Salaam Alaykum:

A similar question was posed previously to the 'Aalim Network.  The
answers were kindly provided by Syed Muhammad Rizvi and Dr. Takim.

I have a question which I believe is practical problem facing Muslims
living in the western world.

I would be grateful for any assistance or insight that you can provide.

I  recently decided to move and realized that I have many papers,
magazines, calendars, etc., which have Quranic verses (both in Arabic
and in English) and names of masoomeen.

I am unable to discard them in running water, I read a previous question
regarding this topic and noted the answer was that I had the option of
recycling the materials.  However, I do not feel comfortable with that
idea because I do not wish to place these holy materials in with other
non-Islamic waste.

Please give me other options, if there are any. (Is shredding or burning
an option?)

I thank you in advance for you time and consideration of this question.

[Moderator's Note]

Please review the response from Syed Rizvi at this link

and from Dr. Takim at this link

Fee aman-illah

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Disposal of Old Papers with "Bismillah" Written
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Disposing Off An Old Prayer Mat