[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Rafidiyyah - Definition

Salaam Alaykum

The following question was kindly provided by Shaykh Mustafa Jaffer

Assalamu alaikum

Is rafidiyah a derogatory term for Shias or not? Please expound on the
word.

ANSWER:

Rafidiyyah is a term derived from the root R*F*D in Arabic that means
'reject'. We, the Shias, are many a times mistakenly labelled as the
'rejecters' - most likely referring to our rejection of the first three
Caliphs elected by Muslims in Saqifah.

With Salaams and Duas

Mustafa Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Qur'an: Use of Plural Pronoun 'We'
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Rahman & Raheem