[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Catalague Shopping

Salaam Alaykum.

The following was kindly provided by Mulla Bashir

wa salaam

Salaam alaykum,

Recently I have begun to shop from a catalogue, this works on the
principle of interest free credit.  In Muharram, I heard Maulana
relate an event which demonstrated that shopping on credit had
detrimental effects on the soul, I was wanting to inquire if this is
the case.  Is interest free credit shopping haram or makruh or mubah?

Thanking you for your efforts

Wasalaam
---

ANSWER:

I see no objection to interest free shopping through catalogue, so long
as no element can be identified or quantified as interest. However, you may
end up paying more than what you would normally pay for cash purchases and
this you must take into account to prevent being exploited.

With salaams and du'aas from a humble servant of Ahlul Bayt and their
followers, and with a request to be remembered by you in your prayers,

Bashir Rahim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Cashier selling Alcohol
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Catching a Fish