[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Wudhu (Ablution)- Obligatory and Recommended Acts

The reply to the following question is provided with reference to
the risalah of Ayatullah Seestani and other material available on the web.

Wasaalam,

Salaam All

Just a question.  I do not normally wash my mouth during wudhu
(ablution) because I was taught that when I entered Shi'aism.
However, as a Sunni I used to do it because it was a part of Wudhu.
 Is this then considered mustahab(sunnat) for the Shi'a sect?

ANSWER:

Masail of Ayatullah Seestani on the wajib (obligatory) acts of wudhu from:

	http://www.al-islam.org/laws/wudhu.html

Wudhu

242. In Wudhu, it is obligatory to wash the face and hands, and to
wipe the front portion of the head and the upper part of two feet.

A detailed illustration of the wajib (obligatory) and sunnat
(recommended) acts of wudhu is available at the following URL:

	http://playandlearn.org/howwudhu.htm

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Wudhoo after Ghusl
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Wudhu (Massah) with Oil in Hair