[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Shirk

Salaam Alaikum

The following was kindly provided by Shaykh Muhawesh.

wa salaam

Saalam Alikum

My question is regarding the association of objects or beings with God.
In what ways do muslims do shirk? Because at times we don't really know
that we are doing it. For example watching television when it is time to
is that a form of Shirk? Please reply at your soonest.

May Allah (s.w.a) be with you.

Wa-alaikum as-salam,

Shirk takes many forms. Imam Ali A.S. was quoted as saying that Shirk is
as deceiving as the walking of an ant on a rock in the middle of a dark

The main premise to watch for is your heart & intentions. If you watch
TV when it is time for prayers, then this would be Shirk if your intention
is that of giving glory to TV as a powerful deity that does actually have control over some or all of your affairs with Allah.

If your intention is that you are too lazy to get up and pray now but
you know that Allah is the only God and that TV is just a distraction, then
indeed you are obeying Satan but not making Shirk.

Shirk is elusive and the only way to keep it away from you is to watch
your intentions.

Allah knows best & may He protect us from Shirk & Satan.

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Shirk
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Shirk (Association with God)