[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Ghusl with a Cast

	The reply to the following question is provided with reference to
the risala of Ayatullah Seestani.

I have a cast on my left hand (as a result of a fracture) which cannot be
exposed to water... Therefore, I cover it with a plastic bag when I
shower.  How am I to do Ghusl-e-Janabat if I cannot wash my hand, which is
a part of that Ghusl?

Thank you.

--------

ANSWER:

Please find below the relevant ruling from Ayatullah Seestani's 'Islamic
Laws' at:

	http://www.al-islam.org/laws/wudhu.html#330

----------------------
Jabira Wudhu

The splint with which a wound or a fractured bone is bandaged or held
tight and the medication applied to a wound etc. is called jabira.

345. * In all kinds of Ghusls, except the Ghusl of Mayyit, the jabira
Ghusl is like jabira Wudhu. However, in such cases one should resort to
Ghusl-e-tartibi.

If there is a wound, or a sore on the body, then a person has a choice
between ghusl and tayammum. If he decides to do Ghusl, and if there is no
jabira on the place, the recommended precaution is that he should place a
Pak piece of cloth on the unbandaged wound, or sore, and wipe over that
cloth. However, if there is fractured bone in the body, he should do Ghusl
and should, as a precautionary measure, also perform wiping on the jabira.
And if it is not possible to wipe on the jabira, or if the fractured bone
is not in splint, it is necessary for him to perform tayammum.

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Ghusl of Janaba
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Gold Chain with Heads