[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Peshawar Nights

Salaam Alaikum

The following was kindly provided by Mulla Bashir Rahim.

Please note that the original question was received in three (unrelated)
parts. We have divided them into 3 separate questions for better archiving

wa salaam

What are the shiah scholars (mujtahideen) views (opinions) regarding the
Peshawar Nights book?

Thank you for posing the above question.

With regard to the book 'Peshawar Nights' it is based on the transcript
of a dialogue between several Sunni scholars and a 31 year old Shiah scholar,
Abdul Fani Muhammad al-Musawu of Shiraz. The dialogue took place in Peshawar
beginning 27th January, 1927 and lasted ten nights. Only Sunni sources were relied upon.

It is a very informative book. Another equally informative and perhaps
more scholarly work is 'al Muraja'at' originally published in Arabic and now
available in English under the title 'the Right Path'. The book consists of a
series of questions posed by the Sunni scholar Shaykh Salim al-Bishrui, then the head of the al Azhar University at Cairo, to the eminent Shiah scholar of the time, Sayyid 'Abd al-Hussain Sharaf al-Din of Lebanon. Sayyid Sharaf al Din's responses again based on Sunni sources are very informative. Both books
should be read buy our youths who should also note how the two Shiah scholars
conducted the dialogues in dignified and respectful manner.

With salaams and du'aas from a humble servant of Ahlul Bayt and their
followers, and with a request to be remembered by you in your prayers,

Bashir Rahim

[Moderator's Note]

Peshawar Nights can be accessed at this site:

Al Muraja'at can be accessed at this site:

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Permanent Marriage to a Christian Woman
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Philosophy