[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Shaking Hands

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Shaykh
Muhawesh.

'Aalim Network

Salam Alaykom,

I'm sorry for bothering you again with this question:  you know when I
walk and see a woman raise her hand to shake mine and I walk watching it
without saying anything, because I don't have time to explain; that will
be very embarassing. And she will consider that as insulting. Can't I use
the Taqqia principle in this situation?  Sorry for repeating the question.
But it's really serious.

-------------

ANSWER:

As-salamu alaikum,

It is haram to shake the hands of a non-mahram except in extreme hardship.
embarrassment by itself is not hardship.

Taqiah applies when you fear for your safety or the safety of other
believers or property; so it does not apply here.

Allah knows best.

Best Regards

Odeh A. Muhawesh

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Serving food and beverages in Mahe Ramadhan
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Shaking hands on the day of 'Ashura