31. What is the meaning of the remembrance of Allah SWT in all circumstances and why is there so much advice on this matter?
The hadeeth states that start everything by saying “بسم الله”, even when you are dinning and you change the type of food you’re eating, renew your “بسم الله”.1
If you pay attention to a manufacturing plant, you would notice that the final product produced will have the logo and the brand of the producer imprinted on it. For example, in a manufacturing plant in China, all their tools big and small, even their cartons and trucks related to the logistics of the product have their logos printed on them.
The flag of a nation is raised upon the tables of the government offices and their buildings, as well as upon the ships that represents the nation when travelling to different parts of the world.
A worshipper would also imprint the divine signature and logo on each of their deeds, whether large or small.
Prophet Ibrahim AS says my prayers, worship, life and death are all for Cherisher of the Worlds.
إِنَّ صَلَاتِى وَنُسُكِى وَمَحْيَاىَ وَمَمَاتِى لِلَّـهِ رَبِّ ٱلْعَـٰلَمِينَ
"Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds”.2
• The Qur’an says to the Prophet SAWA:
• “Start with the name of the Cherisher but also during free time to put all your attention towards the pleasure of Allah SWT”
ٱقْرَأْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ
• “Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created”.3
فَإِذَا فَرَغْتَ فَٱنصَبْ وَإِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ فَٱرْغَب
• “Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labor hard, And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention.”4