Ask A Question About Islam And Muslims
Does Imam Mehdi (AS) already have a wife or wives? What kind of woman will be honoured to become his wife?
We can not confirm nor totally deny this matter during the Ghaibah of the Imam (AS) as it is part of the personal life of Imam Al- Mahdi (AS) which is kept by Allah as secret and away from the public knowledge.
Some narrations mentioned his marriage and children but our leading scholars did not find such narrations authentic enough to establish a confirmed fact. Many leading scholars openly refused such narrations like Shaikh Al-Mufeed and Shaikh Al-Toosi and Shaikh Al-Bayadhi.
We have narrations refuting the claim of his marriage, such narrations are mentioned in many books like Ethbaat al-Wasiyyah by al-Mas'oodi, page 201, and Al-Ghaibah by Shaikh Al-Toosi, page 134, and Dala'il al-Imamah by Al-Tabari, page 130, and Al-Irshad by Shaikh Al-Mufeed, page 366 (Arabic edition).
We may advise Mo'mineen to leave this personal matter of the life of the Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) to the Imam (AS) himself when he will come back to the public life.
Where can I find in Sunni books the narration from Prophet Mohammad (SAWA) where he says that Al-Mahdi's name and Kunyah is like his own name and Kunyah?
This Hadeeth ( Al-Mahdi's name is the same name of the Prophet and his Kunya is the same Kunya of the Prophet ) is narrated in many Shia and Sunni books. These are few Sunni books:
1. Sunan Al-Tirmithi, V. 3, P.343.
2. Al-Mo'jam al-Awsatt by al-Tabarani , V.8, P. 178.
3. Al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Saheehayn by al-Haakim al-Nisaboori .
And many others.
Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) is in occultation according to Allah's order, waiting for suitable time to come to the public life to establish the world government of peace and justice.
Allah (SWT) only knows when He will permit Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) to come to the public life to establish that great aim which is in fact the aim of all the Prophets and Infallible Imams.
Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) is living on this earth and he guides the scholars and helps people in the way that Allah (SWT) guides him. He is away from publicity and even those whom he helps do not know him. They will recognize him after his re appearance.
The evidence of the birth of any one is either witness from two trusted persons, or witness of trusted persons who saw him alive.
We have thousands of witnesses of trusted persons who witnessed his birth or / and saw Imam Al-Mahdi (AS).
Many Sunni scholars have also recorded his birth in their books like
1. Al-Dhahabi in Siyar A'lam al-Nubala 13: 119.
2. Mohammad Ibn Talha al-Shafi'ee in Matabilb al-Sa'ool .
3. Ibn al-Sabbagh al-Maliki in al-Fosool al-Muhimmah 237.
4. Sibt Ibn al-Jawzi in Tathkirat al-Khawaas.
5. Ibn Hajar al-Haythami in Al-Sawaa'eq.
6. Al-Shabraawi al-Shafi'ee in al-Et'haaf.
7. Al-Qundoozi al-Hanafi in Yanabee' al-Mawaddah .
8. Al-Shiblianji al-Shafi'ee in Noor al-Absaar.
9. Ibn Khallakaan in Wafayaat al-A'yaan .
10. Ibn Toloon and many others.