1. The Holy Quran; Text with English Translation by S.V. Mir Ahmed Ali & Mirza Muhammad Mehdi Pooya, Publishers:Tahrike Tarsile Quran, New York, 
2. The Holy Quran, by Abdullah Yusuf Ali 
3. The Holy Quran, Text with English Translation and Notes by S.V. Mir Marmaduke Pickthal 
4. The Meaning of the Glorious Quran, Text with English Translation by Marmaduke Pickthal
5. The Quran, English Translation by M.H. Shakir 
6. The Quran, English Translation -Darul Shura, Beirut, Lebanon 
7. Qurane Majid, Text with Urdu Translation and Notes -by Syed Maqbool Ahmed.
8. Kanzul Ummal by Ali al-Muttaqi
9. Musnad of Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal
10. Sunan ibn Majah al-Qazwini, Arabic Text with English Translation by Muhammad Tufail Ansari, Kitab Bhavan, New Delhi, 
11. Sunan an-Nassa’iy, Arabic Text with English Translation by Muhammad Iqbal Siddiqi, Kitab Bhavan, New Delhi, 
12. Aasare Hyderi, Urdu Translation of Exegeses of the Quran by Imam al-Hasan al-Askari (a.s.)
13. Nahjul Balagha, Sermons, Sayings, and Letters of Imam Ali (a.s.)
14. Nahjul Asrar, Sermons and Sayings of Imam Ali (a.s.) compiled by Syed Ghulam Husayn Raza Agha.
15. Mir’atul Aarifin Fi Multamise Zainul Aabidin, Imam Husayn’s Treatise - Arabic Text with English Translation, Reflection of the Awakened by Sayyid Hasan Askari, Zehra Trust Publications, London, 
16. As-Sahifa as-Sajjadiya, Supplications of Imam Zainul Aabideen (a.s.)
17. Uyun Akhbar ar-Reza, Sayings and sermons of Imam Ali Musa ar-Reza (a.s.)
18. Life of Husayn (The Saviour) by Mirza Ghulam Abbas Ali, There are several editions. Apart from the original published by the Anjumane Husany, Madras, Hyderi Kutub Khana, without mentioning the year of publication. Another edition is printed in 2004 without giving the name of the publisher. I presume this edition is printed by Anjumane Husayny, Madras.
19. Husayn the Saviour of Islam by S.V. Mir Ahmed Ali, Ansariyan Publications, Qum, Iran, 
20. Kerbala and Beyond by Yasin T. al Jibouri, Ansariyan Publications, Qum, Iran, 
21. Nafasul Mahmum, by Sheikh Abbas al-Qummi, English Translation by Aejaz Ali T. Bhujwala 
22. Imam Husayn and the Tragic Saga of Karbala by Ali Nazari Munfared, English Translation by Ali Ebrahimi, Ansariyan Publications, Qum, Iran, 
23. Madarijun Nubuwwa, Abdul Haqq
24. Al-Ashi’atul Lumi’a, Abdul Haqq
25. The Caliphate; its conception and Consequences, by Agha Muhammad Sultan Mirza. Pub Idara-e-Alia-Tabligh-O-Ishaat, Luknow, UP.
26. The Life of Caliph Ali, by Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi, 
27. The Caliphate, by Sir Thomas W. Arnold
28. Caliph’s Caliphate by Shah Waliulklah Muhaddath Dehlavi, A study by M.A.A. Sattar, Islamic Educational Society, Karachi 
29. Imamate and Leadership, by Sayyid Mujtaba Musavi Lari– English Translation by Hamid Algar, Foundsation for Islamic Cultural Propagation, Qum, Iran 
30. Khilafa in Theory and Practice by Dr. Ghulam Nabi, Adam Publishers, New Delhi, 
31. At-Tarikh al-Kamil, Abul Fida Ismail ibn Kathir
32. Al-Bidaya wan Nihaya, Abul Fida Ismail ibn Kathir
33. Futuhul Buldan, al-Balathuri
34. Qasasul Anbiya, Abul Fida Ismail ibn Kathir – English Translation by Sheikh Khalil Muhyiddin, Rightway Publications, New Delhi, 
35. History of Islam, by Ali Naqi Naqvi – English Translation by Justice Murtaza Husayn, Imamia Mission, Aligarh, 
36. A Study of Islamic History, by K. Ali, Adam Publishers, New Delhi 
37. The Spirit of Islam, by Justice Amir Ali
38. A short History of the Saracens, by Justice Amir Ali
39. Hayatul Qulub, English Translation by Rev. James Merrick
40. Masa’ibush Shia, Three volumes in Urdu by Moulana Sa’adat Husayn
41. Tarikh Karbala al-Mu’alla wa al-Ha’ir al-Husayni, by Dr.Abdul Jawad Kalidar of Iraq. Translated into Urdu by Muhammad Baqer Naqvi, the Editor of Islah, Khajwa, Bihar.