01. Makkah – Ihram & Talbiya
04. Munna - Hitting of the big Shaitaan
05. Munna - Qurbani
06. Munna - Taqseer or Halaq
07. Munna - Mabeet on 10th & 11th Dhulhijja
08. Makkah - Tawaaf of Khan al-Ka’aba
09. Makkah - Two rakaats Salaat for Tawaaf
10. Makkah - Saee’
11. Makkah - Tawaaf-un-Nissa
12. Makkah - Two rakaats Salaat for Tawaaf
13. Munna - Hitting all three Shaitaans on
- the 11th & 12th Dhulhijja
14. Makkah - Tawaaf-ul-Wida
15. Makkah Two rakaats Salaat for Tawaaf
Most of the Hujjaj depart Makkah for Arafah before Maghrib depending on the circumstances. This is the toughest part of Hajj. Most of the groups have air condition buses. In Arafah all Hujjaj stay in tents and Jamaat Salaat, A’amaal, duas and majlisi are organized. No matter, how hard we may plan, things could still go wrong and again the key words here are “patience and tolerance.”
Sandwiches and drinks served usually by the organizer of your group during your stay in Arafah and Munna if possible and available. Therefore, Hujjaj are requested to carry (some snacks) with them in case sandwiches cannot be provided.
All of the above items must fit in the Hajj travelling bag (except for the sleeping bag). Please make sure to keep your cash and your ID card with you at all times.
Mustahab Ghusl for wearing the Ihram.
Niyyat: “I am doing Ghusl for wearing Ihram for Hajj al-Tamattu’ for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan Ilallah”. Late in the evening you will Inshallah proceed to Arafah and spend the night in duas and A’amaal.
You will put your Ihram on at Makkah either at Makam al-Ibrahim, or anywhere in the Holy Haram or at your place of residence, then immediately proclaim Talbiya - and the 25 things become Haraam.
Late in the evening you will proceed to Arafah and spend the night in duas and A’amaal.
During your journey and your stay at Arafah, Muzdhlifah and Munna you should refrain from worldly talks and occupy yourself in remembering Allah (SWT) and to thank Him for his blessings that He has bestowed on you. Also do not forget to pray for your deceased parents, relatives and friends.
Niyyat: “I am staying in Arafah from Dhohar to sunset, for Hajje al-Tamattu’, for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan Ilallah”.
Inshallah, A’amaal, Duas, Jamaat Salaat, Ziyarat and Majlis are organized by your group organizer.
Inshallah, late in the evening all Hujjaj will proceed to Muzdhalifah where you will stop and pick up the 70 pebbles for hitting the Shaitaan at Munna.
It is recommended that you pray Maghrib & Isha Salaat here but if your group decides to pray at Arafah before leaving for Muzdhalifah, then you should their instructions.
You will spend the night at Muzdhalifah. Ladies, sick, old people, children and volunteers usually go to Munna after picking the pebbles.
There are two Niyyat, a) is Mustahab and b) is Wajib.
• a) “I am spending this night in Muzdhalifah for
Hajj al-Tamattu’ for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan Ilallah”.
• b) “I stay in Muzdhalifah from Subh al-Sadiq to sunrise for Hajj al-Tamattu’, for Hajje-tul-Islam,
After sunrise, the men Hujjaj will Inshallah cross the border and enter into Munna depending on the traffic your group leader may decide to walk which will take about 45 minutes whereas the bus may take about 5 to 7 hours.
After settling down in your place of residence you will Inshallah proceed to hit the big Shaitaan only, followed by Qurbani (sacrifice of a sheep) and performance of Taqseer or Halaq. The night must be spent in Munna.
Niyyat: “I am hitting the big Shaitaan Aqba seven times for Hajj al-Tamattu” for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan IIallah”.
Niyyat: “I am doing Qurbani for Hajj al-Tamattu’, for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan, Ilallah”.
Niyyat: “I am doing Taqseer or Halaq (whatever the case may be) for Hajj al-Tamattu’ for Hajje-tul- Islam, Qurbatan Ilallah”.
You have to spend the nights in Munna. It is known as Mabeet. You can spend the first part of the night or the second part. An A’alem of your group will guide you.
Niyyat: “I am spending the night in Munna for Hajj al-Tamattu’’, for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan Ilallah”.
Some Hujjaj prefer to return to Makkah on the 10th Dhulhijja after mid-night which is permitted by Shariah and after refreshing themselves at their place of residence in Makkah, they proceed to the Holy Haram to perform the A’amaal of Hajj al-Tamattu’ but they must return to Mina on the 11th Dhulhijja before Maghrib in order to hit the three Shaitaans.
Niyyat: “I am performing Tawaaf for Hajj al-Tamattu’ for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan Ilallah”,
Niyyat: “I am offering 2 Rakaat Salaat for Tawaaf
of Hajj al-Tamattu’, for Hajje-tul-slam, Qurbatan Ilallah”.
Niyyat: “I am doing Saee’ by walking seven times between Safa and Marwa for Hajj al-Tamattu’ for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan Ilallah”.
It is Wajib on these two days to hit at all the three Shaitaans, each with pebbles seven times. The sequence as shown here must be maintained. The first Shaitaan to be hit at must be OOLA the small one, the one nearer to Mash'ar. The next will ALWUSTA, the middle one, and the last one is AQBA the big one closer to Makkah. For those who have a justifiable excuse, like infirmity or sickness, a Naib must be appointed.
Ladies are allowed to perform this act at night, but they are not permitted to appoint a Naib if they can perform it themselves.
• First Niyyat: “I strike Shaitaan of OOLA (small) seven times, for Hajj al-Tamattu’, for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan Ilallah”.
• Second Niyyat: I strike Shaitaan of WUSTA (middle) seven times, for Hajj al-Tamattu’ for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan, Ilallah”.
• Third Niyyat: “I strike Shaitaan of AQBA seven times for Hajj al-Tamattu’, for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan Ilallah”.
Agha Khui says that the pebbles must hit the old, original part of the structure of Shaitaan or known as Jamarat.
Many Hujjaj prefer to return to Makkah on the morning of 11th Dhulhijja after hitting the three Shaitaans, which is permitted by Shariah and after refreshing themselves at the hotel to proceed to the Holy Haram to perform the A’amaal of Hajj al-Tamatu’. You are required to return to Munna before Maghrib.
Niyyat: “I am performing Tawaaf for Tawaaf-un-Nissa for Hajj al-Tamattu’ for Hajje-tul-Islam, Qurbatan Ilallah'.
Niyyat: “I am offering 2 Rakaat Salaat for Tawaaf-un-Nissa, Qurbatan Ilallah.”
Niyyat: “I am performing Tawaaf-ul-Wida Qurbatan Ilallah”.
Niyyat: “I am offering 2 Rakaat Salaat for Tawaaf-ul-Wida, Qurbatan Ilallah”.
Please make sure that all the A’amaal of Hajje-Tamattu’ are completed before you depart Makkah.
1. To remain in the state of Taharat.
2. To make Ghusl (Mustahab) preferably near the time of Dhohar.
3. To keep the mind frees from worldly thoughts and concentrate on prayers and Duas. The famous A’amaal al-Arafah by Imam Husayn A.S. on this day, is the best. See page 91.
4. To pray Dhohar, immediately followed by Asr, with one Adhaan and two Iqamahs.
5. To remember Allah, thank Him, praise Him and seek forgiveness for your sins.
6. You should spend your time in Tasbeehat and Duas and avoid useless talks.
1. To stay in the middle part of the plain of Mash'ar.
2. To pick 70 pebbles from here for Rami of Jamarat (for Shaitaan).
3. To leave Arafah with clean body and calm mind, proceeding with Istighfar.
4. To travel with ease, causing trouble to no-body. If it is difficult to reach Mash'ar before midnight, do not let your Maghrib and Isha prayers be Qadha. Pray on the way.
5. It is Mustahab to pray Maghrib and Isha on the plains of Mash'ar, with one Adhaan and two Iqamahs, even if one-third of the night away.
6. Duas, prayers, dhikr and all acts of worship are recommended in this night, which you have to spend here. If possible try and pray Salaat al-Shaab.
7. After Fajr Salaat, it is Mustahab to remain in the state of Taharat.
The animal offered for sacrifice may be a camel, a cow, a goat or a sheep. But the conditions are as follows:
1. The animal must not have any defects in it's limbs. It must not be very old, sick or emaciated. If the ears are partly torn or have holes, it would not matter, but if
the ears, horns or testicles have been severed or crushed, it would not be sufficient.
2. The age limit prescribed for animals are as follows:
Camel - must have completed it's 5th year and entered the sixth.
Cows and goats - Must be three years old.
Sheep - must have completed eight months, better still if it has completed one year and entered the second. If the person purposely and knowingly selects a young animal in age than above, his Sacrifice would not be sufficient and acceptable. He has to slaughter again.
3. Every person must offer his own Qurbani. There can
4. be no sharing of funds or animal. Ladies, sick or old people can appoint a Naib.
5. Qurbani must be carried out during daytime, unless there is a fear of security. Agha Khui, had said that if due to change in place, it becomes impossible to slaughter in Munna, one must wait and stay, if one can, even till the end of Dhulhijja to complete the Qurbani in Munna, but if this is not at all possible, then Qurbani outside Munna will be valid.
The time for Rami Jamarat (hitting of the Shaitaan) is from sunrise to sunset. Ladies are permitted to hit the Shaitaan during the night. You must strike seven times and each time the pebble must hit the Jamarat. If you miss, you must repeat. Nothing, but pebbles or small stones can be used. Hitting with objects like shoes, tins, etc. is not acceptable.
Haram, or better yet from Mash'ar. Each pebble must be a fresh one; you cannot strike with a pebble that has already been used for Shaitaan.
It is Mustahab that the pebble is small in size, just about the size of a finger head, slightly colored and spotted. It is also Mustahab to be in Wudhu, and to recite "Allahu Akber" with every throw.