Question: I would like to ask for prompt educational recommendations with which you may help me deal with my seven-year-old son. With my regards.
1. You should discover the hobbies and interests of your child and see which of them attracts him more so that you can direct him rightly.
2. You should explain to your child all the affairs concerning him and how he should behave when at home, in the school, on the street, or at other places.
3. You have to consult with him on issues concerning him.
4. You have to let him do certain things by himself because this will make him self-confident and help him discover his own abilities.
5. The child should be given his due freedom within the possible activities of the family.
6. When explaining to the child an idea or a matter that concerns him, you should use an easy language and understandable examples derived from his daily life.
7. At the same time when you are serious in dealing with your child, you have to be lenient to him too.
8. The child’s being angry, escaping from school, and practicing aggressive acts show that he suffers from a psychological problem. Therefore, instead of beating or scolding him, which will make him mutinous and obdurate, you should identify the cause behind his psychological problem or problems. Being patient and wise in your dealing and talking with him will be the shortest way to get to his heart and then solve his problems radically and constructively.