ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Download the entire Encyclopedia as a .zip
file, or view it online below.
Also available is a frame-based interface to the Encyclopedia.
Search the Encyclopedia by Keyword or Concept.
Caliphate of Imam Ali (AS)
- Temporary Marriage in Islam:
- Debate on the Legitimacy of Mut'a:
- The Shia View
- The Sunni View
- Debate on the Quranic Verse of Mut'a
- Debate over the Sermon of Umar
- Debate on the Controversial Reports
- The Opinion of the Four Sunni Schools of Law
- The Opinion of the Shia School of Law and the Shi'ite Traditions
Which Attribute Many Rewards to Mut'a and the Reasons Behind it.
The Shia/Sunni Jurisprudence:
Shia/Sunni and Quran:
- Abdullah Ibn Saba
- Kaab al-Ahbar
- SWT = "Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala" = Exalted He is (used for Allah)
- PBUH&HF = Peace be upon him and his family (used for Prophet Muhammad)
- AS = "Alayhi al-Salam" = Peace be upon him (used for the prophets and the
- RA = "Radhiyallah Anh/Anha" = may Allah be pleased with him/her
Please note that the addresses of Sahih al-Bukhari which are given in the
form of x.xxx match the Arabic-English version of Sahih al-Bukhari which is
available in most mosques. The first number before the point indicates the
volume number, and the number after the point indicates the tradition
number (not the page number). For example al-Bukhari Hadith 8.578 indicates
volume 8, tradition #578 for the Arabic-English version.