No. 80 (42 verses)
Contents of the Sura:
Sura Abasa is short, but contains various important subjects, which especially emphasize on the Resurrection and can be summarized under five topics:
1. Allah's serious admonishment to the one who did not show suitable behavior to a truth-seeking blind man.
2. The importance of the Holy Qur'an.
3. Man's ungratefulness toward the blessings of Allah.
4. A partial description about His blessings in the field of nutrition for Men and animals in order to stimulate a sense of thankfulness.
5. Some hints about the terrible incidents of the Day of Judgment' and the fate of the believers and unbelievers on that Day.
The name of the Sura is derived from its first verse.
The Virtue in Studying this Sura:
A tradition from Prophet Mohammad (p.b.u.h.) says: "One who studies Sura 'Abasa will arrive at the Gathering Place smiling and rejoicing will arrive at the Gathering Place smiling and rejoicing on The Day of Judgment."