Hazrat Abu Talib praises the Holy Prophet (pbuh&hf)
The following is from The Beacons of Light by at Tabrisi, W.O.F.I.S, Tehran, Iran.
- Surely the Prophet Muhammad, son of Aminah,
- Is for me like my own Child.
- When he held on to the halter of my camel, I felt
- compassion for him,
- Even as the white camels were loaded,
- Copious tears flowed from my eyes
- Tears like scattered pearls
- I treated him kindly as befits a close relative
- And guarded well the trust of his forefathers concerning him.
- I ordered him to ride among paternal uncles,
- With white faces, brave swordsmen,
- They travelled to the furthest known station -
- Far indeed was the station where their camels lay down !
- When at last the people of Busra saw him,
- They met a learned monk who was keeping close watch
- He related to them a true account concerning him,
- And thus turned back the people of envy
- A group of Jews also saw what he saw :
- The shade of a white cloud and the glory of a close relative
- They went seeking to kill Muhammad, and he restrained them,
- And thus engaged in the best of struggle.
Contributed by Br. Ali Abbas, email@example.com