[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Khums for Non-Sadat - Follow Up

Salaam Alaykum:

The following answer was kindly provided by Mulla Asghar.

Please note that the original question is listed below for the
convenience of our new members.

Fee aman illah

FOLLOW-UP QUESTION:

AlSalaamun 'Alaykum va Rahmatollah va Brakaatoh:

Can he give to a seyyed and then the seyyed donates it to the needy?

ANSWER:

This loophole is not permissible in Shariah.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

----------------------------------

ORIGINAL QUESTION:

Salam alaikum,

I have a question regarding Khums. One of a close relative I know is
very much in need of financial help and he is not a Syed. I was
wondering since Khums goes to deserving syed's, Is there any
exception since I don't know any Syed as much in need of money as this
person who is a non syed.  He is very much in need of money which has lead
to financial difficulty in his life and he is that kind of a person who
would not take help by asking. I would like to know if I can give him
the khums money until he is able to come out of his financial
difficulty.

I am in taqleed of Imam Khumaini.

May Allah reward you for your service.

---

ANSWER

Khums is in two equal parts, one Sehme Imam and another Sehme Sadat.
There are thousands of Sadat who live below poverty line.  So it is not
correct to compare one poor to another.  Now, coming to the case of the
deserving person you know, a non Syed, you can help him from Sehme Imam
after obtaining the permission of a Marja.

You are in Taqleed of Imam Khomeini,  may Allah bless him with
Maghferat, but you will now require permission from a living Marja.

With Salaams,

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Khums for Non-Sadat
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Khums on Gifts