213. What is a demonstrative pronoun?
214. How many types of demonstrative pronouns are there?
215. What are the demonstrative pronouns that are exclusive to places?
213. A demonstrative pronoun is that which denotes a specific thing by pointing to it.
214. There are three types of demonstrative pronouns: close, medium distance, and far. Refer to the second volume for the list of these pronouns. The hā' is added to the close demonstrative pronouns in all cases, for example: هذا and to the feminine singular medium distance demonstrative pronoun, for example: هاتیک.
215. There are four demonstrative pronouns that are exclusive to places: هنا (close), هناک (medium distance), andهنالِک و ثَمَّ (far).