Dr Mohammad Ali Shomali is a graduate of the Islamic Seminaries of Qum. He has a BA and an MA in Western Philosophy from the University of Tehran and earned his Doctorate in Philosophy from the University of Manchester. He has published the following books
- Self-Knowledge (1996 & 2006, also translated into Malay, Spanish and Kiswahili)
- Ethical Relativism: An Analysis of the Foundations of Morality (2001, also translated into Malay)
- Shi‘a Islam: Origins, Faith & Practices (2003 & 2010; also translated into Spanish & Swedish)
- Principles of Jurisprudence: An Introduction to Methodology of Fiqh (2006).
He has also co-edited
- Catholics & Shi'a in Dialogue: Studies in Theology & Spirituality (2004)
- Catholic-Shi'a Engagement: Reason & Faith in Theory and Practice(2006)
- A Catholic-Shi‘a Dialogue: Ethics in Today’s Society (2008).