Ask A Question About Islam And Muslims
In the name of Allah
The answer is Yes.
When You breastfeed someone else's child (with all the conditions that will be mentioned below) That child is basically like a child of Your own. So he/she will be Mahram to:
But what are the conditions for breastfeeding to result in Mharamiyyat?
1. The child should suck the milk from the breast. So if the milk is poured into the child's mouth, it doesn't count.
2. The child should be under two years of age.
3. The milk should be the result of a Halal relationship.
4. The Child should not throw up the milk. If so, it doesn't count.
5. The quantity or duration of breastfeeding should be either of these:
Is there any evidence that it is Makrouh for the husband to look at the private part of his wife when trying to conceive a child? If so, is that the case even in general sexual acts? What is the reason for it being Makrouh?
Every Makrouh is harmful but not Haraam. Allah knows the details of the harm which might be unknown to us.
We have Hadeeths from the Prophet (SAWA) stating that it is Makrouh. It is not only when trying to conceive a child but it is Makrouh in any sexual intercourse.
Are there any rules to intercourse such as any preferred time or any situation in which it should be avoided? Is it true that any child conceived in the latter may be physically or spiritually defective?
We have many Hadeeths guiding couples about this issue.
2. Recommended times for intercourse include the night of Thursday ( Laylatul Jumu'ah) and first night of the Month of Ramadhan.
3. It is Makrouh ( disliked) to go for that during eclipse and on the last night of every lunar month, and first night of every lunar month except the month of Ramadhan.
4. It is recommended for spouses to prepare themselves for that whenever the other spouse wants it.
6. It is Makrouh, but not Haraam, for the husband to look at the private part of his wife. We have in our narrations that it can harm the eye sight of the child who can be conceived from that intercourse.
7. It is recommended to say Bismillah and pray to Allah to grant you blessed child.
8. It is Makrouh for each of them to use same piece of tissue or napkin which was used by the other spouse to wipe the private parts. The narrations mentioned that using same tissue or napkin can create bad feelings or dislike ness between them.
9. It is recommended for both spouses and mainly the husband to spend enough time in foreplay with his wife before the intercourse.
10. It is recommended for both of them to try to please the other as much as possible, and not look for his or her own enjoyment ignoring the other.
11. It is mentioned in the Hadeeths that spouses should avoid letting their voice during sexual relation reach to any one else specially the children. Narrations mentioned that child hearing the voice of his parents while sex can be in the future a sinner of fornication.
12. It is recommended to avoid facing the direction of Qibla during sex.
13. It is recommended to perform Ghusl of Janabah after sexual intercourse before sleeping or eating or drinking. If Ghusl is not possible,then Tayammum can be performed till Ghusl is possible.
14. It Makrouh to speak more than required while sexual intercourse. The narrations mentioned that it can result in a dumb child.
These are few points in this subject.
If a Muslim man marries a Christian woman in the church according to the Christian faith, then produces a child with that woman, is the child considered legitimate?
A Muslim man should conduct an Islamic marriage contract with a woman. Scholars differ as to whether someone can marry a Christian woman permanently. All allow temporary marriage and some scholars say that both temporary and permanent are allowed.
If however a Muslim man was ignorant and he for example read a marriage contract such as a civil one instead of Islamic (while he thought that this counts as marriage) then some scholars would say that the marriage wouldn’t be fornication.
This therefore could make the child one of shubha where they aren’t deemed as illegitimate.
If he found out his mistake though, then he must do an Islamic marriage as soon as possible.
Rgearding a Christian marriage contract, this should be asked from one's Marja and it should be stated whether the person was ignorant or not.
May Allah grant you success