Ask A Question About Islam And Muslims
In the name of Allah
During the 9 years of The Holy Prophet's life after Hijrah - depending on the definition of battle - between 80 to 100 counts of Battle between Muslims and non-muslims are recorded in history.
Here you can read more details about some of these battles:
Possibly, some of the hadith saying that many important things in ancient sacred history happened on this day were fabricated in the time of the Umayyads to take attention away from the martyrdom of Imam Husain (A).
Of course, God knows best, and if miraculous or amazing things happened in the past on this day, it is something that He would know the reasons for.
What were the names of the wives of Imam Ali (a.s) and where can I find their details in books of history?
1. Imam Ali (AS) did not marry any woman when his wife Lady Fatima Al-Zahra (AS) was alive.
2. After the martyrdom of Fatima Al-Zahra (AS), and according her will, Imam Ali (AS) got married with Umamah Bint Abi Al-Aas, who was daughter of Zainab, one of the three fostered daughters of the Prophet Muhammad (SAWA).
Umamah remained with Imam Ali (AS) till his martyrdom.
3. Asmaa’ Bint Omais who was widow of Jafar Ibn Abi Talib, then was married under duress to Abu Bakr ibn Abi Quhafah of the Saqeefa. She had from Abu Bakr a son called Muhammad Ibn Abi Bakr, who was brought up by Imam Ali (AS) and became one of the best of his followers.
4. Ummul Banin Bint Hizaam al-Kalbiyyah, mother of the great Saheed Abul Fadhl Al-Abbas and his three brothers who were martyred in Karbala.
5. Layla Bint Masood.
6. Um Sa’eed Bint Orwa al-Thaqafi.
7. Khawlah Bint Jafar ibn Qays.
8. Al-Sahbaa’ Bint Rabee’ah.
9. Mihyaat Bint Emri’ Al-Qays.
I have read in the history books that the inciting incident that led to the rift between Muslims and Jews in the days of the Prophet was a perceived disagreement about the Jews protecting Medina from the Meccans. Is this correct?
The cause of the rift was the betrayal of Jewish leaders of that time and mischief they played against the Prophet Muhammad (SAWA) and the Muslims. They wanted to join the enemies of Islam instead of protecting Madina. They had secret ties with the enemies of Islam and Muslims to destroy the Muslim state in Madina.