1. Being good to parents is the greatest [and most important] duty.
1ـ بِرُّ الوالِدَيْنِ أكْبَرُ فَريضَة.
2. Be good to your parents and your children will be good to you.
2ـ بِرُّوا آباءَكُمْ يَبـََرَّكُمْ أبْناؤُكُمْ.
3. Whoever is good to his parents, his child will be good to him.
3ـ مَنْ بَرَّ والِدَيْهِ بَرَّهُ وَلَدُهُ.
4. The death of a father breaks one’s back.
4ـ مَوْتُ الوالِدِ قاصِمَةُ الظَّهْرِ.
5. One who scorns his parents has diverged from the right path.
5ـ مَنِ اسْتَنْكَفَ مِنْ أبَوَيهِ فَقَدْ خالَفَ الرُّشْدَ.
6. The affection of parents is [the basis of] the relationship between siblings.
6ـ مَوَدَّةُ الآباءِ نَسَبٌ بَيْنَ الأبناءِ.