In religion, a prophet is an individual who is regarded as being in contact with a divine being and is said to speak on that entity's behalf, serving as an intermediary with humanity by delivering messages or teachings from the supernatural source to other people. The message that the prophet conveys is called a prophecy.
To add to the answer:
The Qur'anic discussion of angels emphasizes that they are obedient to the command of Allah and "do what they are told". (16:50)
They are also directly aware of the existence of Allah in a way that is more veiled for most humans, and don't experience the animal desires that humans do (which lead to things like greed, jealousy, etc), so they would have no reason to disobey Allah especially in something big like this.
According to some Shi'i narrations, both the Prophet (S) and Imam Ali (A) instructed some of the angels in worship before the time of the earthly realm, so they would have been acquainted with both of them and not had a reason to prefer one over the other. Many narrations about this beforetime also indicate the angels' acknowledgment of the Prophet (S) along with the rest of the Ahl al-Bayt (A) and not prioritizing one over another.
This accusation is against our faith and it is never found in any of our books. On the contrary, we believe that any doubt in the Prophet Muhammad's prophet hood makes the person a non Muslim.
It is nothing but a false allegation like hundreds of false allegations fabricated against Shia Islam by their enemies who don't have any evidence against Shia Islam, so they fabricate false allegations to mislead lay persons who don't research nor verify. Same situation is with the allegations of enemies of Islam and Quran against all Muslims to prevent non Muslims from understanding Islam.
These allegations against us have no value for those who follow evidence but they prove that our opponents are helpless and unable to counter our concrete evidence, so they try mislead people by creating and spreading false allegations.
You can find many useful information in this website www.al-Islam.org
1. We and all our Muslim brothers and sisters , believe that the best human being and best of all the creatures of Allah is the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him and His Progeny). Allah he Glorious told the Prophet in Quran (We did not send you but as a Mercy for All the worlds) Sura 21, Verse 107. The status of the Prophet Muhammad (SAWA) is the Highest among all the prophets and great angles. This fact is mentioned in Hadeeths in Sunni and Shia books like Saheeh Muslim, number 4223, Al-Mussannaf by Abdul Razzaq 2/419,and other books.
2. Allah The Glorious mentioned in Quran about the Progeny of the Prophet (Offspring (of the Prophet), one from the other) (Aal Imran, 34). Which means that the Progeny of the Prophet is from him and he is from them.
3. This fact has been mentioned in many authentic Hadeeths from the Prophet (SAWA) stating that ( Ali is from me and I am from him)
- (Al-Bukhari, 2699),
- (Musnad Ahmad Bin Manbal 33/154),
- Al-Tirmithi, 3712
- Saheeh Ibn Hibbaan 15/374,
- Al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheeha 2223.
4. The Prophetic Hadeeth states : Husain is from me and I am from him, may Allah like any one who likes Husain.
- Al-Bukhari in Al-Adab Al-Mofrad, 364.
- Al-Tirmithi, Number 2775.
- Ibn Maajah 144.
-Al-Haakin in Al-Mustadrak 3/194
- Al-Tabaraani in Almajma' al-Kabeer, number 2486
- Al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami' , number 3146
5. Reading and understanding the Quran and authentic prophetic statements guide us to the fact that the status of the Infallible Ahlul Bayt AS) is from the status of the Prophet (SAWA) himself. When the Prophet Muhammad (SAWA) is the highest above all the prophets, his Infallible Ahlul Bayt AS) who are from him according to him, are next to him and higher than all others but him.
The story of the monk called Bahira is not considered authentic in the Imami school.